Wednesday 4 January 2012

New Contributor: Ian Wilkinson

My name is Ian Wilkinson and I will be a regular contributor to the parkrunfans blog over the coming months. Here are a few more details about me and my parkrun history:

Name: Ian Wilkinson aka parkrunfan
Home parkrun: Coventry, UK
Date of first parkrun: 17/04/10
Total Number of parkruns: 50 (at the time of posting)
Number of other parkrun locations run: 1 (at the time of posting)
Number of times volunteered: 9 I think (at the time of posting)
My parkrun history: click here

I first heard about parkrun when I saw a smallish group of runners heading around my local park whilst I was out for a run on my own. I did a little research, enrolled and eventually did my first parkrun. I have been hooked ever since. Before you hear about parkrun you can't imagine something so well organised, enjoyable and totally addictive could possibly be free.

parkrun is now a significant part of my life, it has transformed me into a runner. I was a semi-pro footballer in my prime (those days are long gone). I consider myself a runner and running is certainly my main sport now. I am a parkrun fanatic as shown by my own personal parkrunfan blog.

I hope you enjoy reading what I have to say about parkrun over the coming months and come back to this blog regularly to read what myself and the other contributors have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you and welcome all comments.