Friday 10 February 2012

New Contributor: Martin Harris

Name: Martin Harris
Home parkrun: Nonsuch
Date of first parkrun: 28/08/2010
Total Number of parkruns: 8
Number of other parkrun locations run: 3 - Wimbledon, Banstead, Bushy Park
Number of times volunteered: 1
http://www.parkrun.org.uk/athleteresultshistory?AthleteNumber=90481
Twitter: @MPHinLondon
Web: http://mphinlondon.wordpress.com/

Bio: Used to run a fair bit about 4 years ago when I was out living in Sydney, doing marathons and a few ultras (Six Foot and Kepler Track), but since arriving back in the UK, I seem to have caught the Heathrow Bulge..work seems to have taken over and running shoved firmly in to the boot!

There's been some form of come backs on and off the past few years with no real success to due injury..or or more honestly apathy. But I've found that Parkruns are really helping me meet other runners, which I find is pretty important to consistent training, which I've found to be working. So this year I'll do more volunteering to help keep Parkrun going from strength to strength, the more events that get put on, the likelihood more of the country will get off their backsides and run hard for 30 minutes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you and welcome all comments.