Friday 1 March 2013

Monthly mileage record

February may well be the shortest month of the year and having set my highest monthly running mileage record in January, it was always going to be a tough ask to up my mileage any more or even get close to it.

However, having run 141.7 miles in January, I somehow managed to clock up 142.2 miles in February.

There wasn't even any conscious attempt to creep past my figure from January, it was just the way it turned out that I happened to break my mileage record by just half a mile.

I'm not sure how long I can keep up these distances. At this rate I am on for roughly 1700 miles this year, which would smash my record of 1000.8 miles set last year. I am sure the figures will drop off at some stage, but even so, 284 miles already in the year is some going for me.

March is likely to see a bit of a drop as I taper my distance and frequency of training for a couple of races, but I am still hopeful that I can get up reasonably close to those figures again. Who knows, I may even be able to set a new monthly mileage record for the third month running. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you and welcome all comments.