Friday 15 February 2013

Danny Norman holds the UK parkrun record!

It's true, Danny Norman the Communications Manager for parkrun UK  and the host of "The parkrun Show" podcast holds a parkrun record. I'm sure he knows and that he is very proud.

Danny holds the male course record at Harrow Lodge parkrun, set on the 12th January 2013. That course record is an impressive (for most of us) 18:48.

The reason that it is a parkrun record is that it is the slowest parkrun course record in the UK!

To repair his ego slightly, Danny does also hold another course record, at Walthamstow parkrun, exactly one minute quicker in 17:48. That suggests that either Harrow Lodge parkrun is tough or the conditions weren't quite ideal on 12th January (snow maybe?).

The Harrow Lodge parkrun was the inaugural event on the 12th January. Danny has run 27 inaugural events (only 1 person has run more) and has a total of 54 first finishes (wins) to his name, so I wouldn't mind betting that he also probably holds the record for the most different parkrun course records held at one time or another.

Well done Danny.

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea about that, I don't really pay heed to stats of my own. As per 'ego' repair, the course on the day was the muddiest, boggiest parkrun I've ever done, arguably the hardest and also agreed on as to the toughest by PSH and other Uber tourists. Times never tell the whole story.

    Harrow Lodge was just me coasting. Times never tell the whole story (that's why I don't pay heed to stats so much).

    Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I remembered reading that it was a tough course.

      Do you know how many different inaugural events you have finished first at? That must be a record for different number of course records held!

      Delete
  2. I'd have to check, I don't know off the top of my head. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you and welcome all comments.