Sunday 22 January 2012

Rhodri Evans - My 1st ParkRun blogpost

My name is Rhodri Evans, and I am a keen runner of the ParkRun in Cardiff. I have been running since 1981, when I saw the first ever New York City marathon on TV. However, I did not learn about ParkRun until May of last year (2011). To date, I have done 12 ParkRuns. Until October of last year, I was only doing them when I felt like racing, but after Cardiff's ParkRun was threatened with closure by Cardiff City Council, I decided to turn up most weeks to show my support, and only really race it on the odd occasion, other times I would use it as a paced training run in the middle of a longer (8 mile) run.

My hope is to manage 50 by the end of 2012, so I have another 38 to go. It will be the hardest earned T-shirt I have ever had.

1 comment:

  1. anon Les Croupiers RC member24 January 2012 at 18:59

    well done and glad to hear you're part of cardiff parkrun's family. Keep on coming back, that t-shirt will be yours before you know it. If you want to improve your running then join a club - for a few quid each year you'll have access to training, expertise, knowledgeable advice, many enjoyable times and a whole new bunch of people who encourage and support you.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you and welcome all comments.