Tuesday 10 January 2012

New Contributor: Colin Scooby Doo Rowley




















Colin Scooby Doo ROWLEY

















Name: Colin Scooby Doo Rowley


Home parkrun: Coventry War Memorial Park
Date of first parkrun: 24/07/2010
Total Number of parkruns: 60


Number of other parkrun locations run: 1 I have ran at pollock park in Glasgow twice


Number of times volunteered: 6 times when I was injured but never got accepted only because at this period in time we had so many volunteers everyone wanted to support the parkrun! To be honest I only wanted something to do to take me mind of the fact I wasnt running as I am not a very good supporter. I get mardy and grumpy I'm not a good advert for the parkrun. "SORRY!"


My parkrun history http://www.parkrun.org.uk/athleteresultshistory?AthleteNumber=83332

What I can never understand is why people run through the week and train and pay to enter races. "WHY?"
The parkrun is a free, weekly, timed 5km, friendly, challenging and well organised by fantastic local volunteers. "What more can you want?"

I think Coventry is the best parkrun but then I'm bias.
Because of the family atmosphere mainly due to the Douglas family to me they are the parkrun.
I see every one at the parkrun as part of me family because its the only time I'm really happy from 8.30 till 10.30 Saturday morning! You have probably gathered I'm a bit of a moody and selfish!
I aint really got many mates but at the parkrun for a couple of hours a week I have few!

I don't tend to go for times at the parkrun because I wont it to last while so I tend to start at the back and have a bit of fun!

I some times worry what some people think of me and Baloo me mate. We tend to get a bit carried away with the banter. "I hope people don't find us to annoying!"
Got to be honest i find Baloo really annoying all this high five rubbish! "Whats that all about?"
You don't see me making a fool of myself like that.

I love watching the fast guys going round in the sub 20mins I may do it one day just to show you guys that I can run!

But even more I love watching the slower runners and non runners having ago!
I like to start at the last and get in with the slower runners to try and help and encourage them to improve and reach their goals!



Any way better get of now you lot have probabily had enough!

All the best
Scooby

1 comment:

We would love to hear from you and welcome all comments.